Food & Wine: Articles

Food & Restaurant Reviews, opinions, obsequious and not so much stuff in and around Boston and New England

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blue Ribbon BBQ

Where: 908 Massachusetts Ave Arlington MA
Meal: Dinner
Food Type: BBQ
For Who: any and all, even those who prefer not to eat the meat


I stopped in on the way home from work on a sultry Thursday evening. I arrived at Blue Ribbon around 630pm and scanned the menu and was asked what I would like to order. I ordered a full slab of their memphis style dry rubbed pork ribs with two sides - a corn jalapeno relish and my favorite, collard greens.

I waited almost one half hour before my number was called, however, I was not alone as this seems to be the SOP for Blue Ribbon - folks were waiting patiently for their food despite the oppressive heat and limited seating area. I ordered to go since it was extremely humid and no air conditioning was available so I thought the confines of my apartment would be deal to indulge in a very large slab of ribs. I was right!!!

The ribs were cooked perfectly and the hot sauce provided on the side was actually spicy, a nice surprise. The sides were excellent and I can not wait to return to try their other entrees. Their system of calling out orders when complete leaves something to be desired but due to the quality of the food, this can be easily overlooked. Definitely recommend if you are in the mood for some serious BBQ.

No comments: