Food & Wine: Articles

Food & Restaurant Reviews, opinions, obsequious and not so much stuff in and around Boston and New England

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Montsweag Roadhouse

Where: Woolwich, ME
Meal: Dinner
Food Type: Bar Menu
For Who: Everyone

Coming back from a weekend with family near Rockland, a friend, his girlfriend and I stopped off spur-of-the-moment to have some eats. Completely satisfying, excellent onion soup au gratin (not sure why I ordered this in August but I think I had a hankering). Pulled pork sub was enormous. I say sub because it is at least 12 inches long. Buddy ordered stuffed chicken, mozzarella, cream sauce etc. Amazing from what I understand. His girlfriend ordered the fish tacos. Mediocre but satisfying. A beer selection, full bar, seating at the bar that allows you to watch the passing traffic on Route 1 while feeling like you are outside, a beer club, a shuttle to home if you live nearby. You have nothing to loose stopping off here for some eats.

Not fancy but absolutely order the specials. Worth your time.



Read more!

No comments: